Apr 1, 2009

Whatshisname in Venice

From the author of Yoga for People Who Can't be Bothered now comes another wonderful title fruit-cake: Jeff in Venice.

Jeff in Venice! This really opens a whole new genre of literature, does it not? How about Magic Munchkins? Doktor Frustrate? Tonio Bugger? Or, or another line of attack: The Pass Gas Game, Sid Dirty, The Journey of the Yeast?

Had I run into Jeff in Venice at a bouquiniste's, I would have instantly bought it on the strength of the wonderful title alone.

Alas, I didn't run into it at a bouquiniste's. I heard about it on Night Waves and the interview cruelly deflated my burgeoning desire to read it (the book is about a contemporary artist losing interest in his work) when the author told us about "that wonderful church in Venice -- can't remember its name" -- (it's San Rocco) -- with all "those wonderful Renaissance paintings by Tintoretto".

Oh.

Never mind, then.

No comments: